Engagement sessions are great for many reasons! Not only do they capture this incredibly special time in your relationship and provide you with images you’ll treasure forever, but it also gives you a chance to work with me prior to the big day—and takes a lot of unnecessary stress out of the wedding day during your photos!
As the bride, your engagement session will be an easy, fun, and casual experience. But to maximize your time here’s a few quick tips to get the most out of your session—enjoy!
1) Prepare two or three outfits: If you’re having a hard time choosing, don't be afraid to ask for my input during the planning process.” Steer clear of black tops and dresses, which don’t look as great in the light as brighter tones. And remember to be comfortable—your engagement session isn’t the time to try out those high heels or too-tight pencil skirts. The more comfortable and flexible you are, the better your photos will look.
2) Coordinate—but don’t match: Think coordinating color palettes, but not matchy/matchy. Too much contrast (i.e. you in white, him in black) can overwhelm a picture. Also if one of you is wearing a pattern then the other should wear a solid color that coordinates with it.
3) Think props: Have something special that has lots of significance in your relationship? It could be a favorite photo of the two of you, a piece of jewelry, a vintage book, or even something fun like shirts/caps from your favorite sports team or school. The more unique to your relationship, the better!
4) Check out Pinterest: Pinterest is a great spot for engagement session inspiration. While I can definitely help, it’s great to come in with ideas you can easily share—so pin away and share your faves with me ahead of time during your planning process so I can prep.
5) Have fun and relax! Above all, enjoy. This is an exciting time for you as a couple—and this is just the first of many exciting steps!